Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Paneer Butter Masala

Today I decided to make Mooli Paratha from a recipe I got from my sister, but my taste buds were not ready to eat it with just yogurt. I wanted something spicy which will be a good combination with the Paratha and later for a cup of rice.

At the beginning of every Sunday, I have loads of veggies in my fridge, but as the week progresses, I find that I am normally out of most of them but only have a few left like beans, carrots(which are a must have in my fridge). Today other than the beans and carrots I also had Paneer and Mullangi(Mooli) left. Hence dinner for today was Mullangi/Mooli Paratha and Paneer Butter Masala.
A little searching on the internet led me to this video by vahrehvah chef Sanjay for Paneer Butter Masala. 
Wow..this sounded simple enough.

I made a few changes to this recipe like using fresh tomato puree, a cup of peas, frying up the paneer, some cumin, using onion and ginger-garlic. I also skipped the kasoori methi powder. The end result was ultimate paneer masala. Believe me when I say it was THAT good!!

I am adding this recipe for my own reference. The original recipe can be found at this link.

Ingredients:
250 gm Paneer
1/2 cup peas
1 cup tomato Puree
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp Cumin
1 cup milk
1/2 onion chopped finely
1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/4 stick butter

Method:

In a bowl, mix coriander powder, garam masala, cilli powder, tomato puree and milk. Keep aside.

Cut Paneer into bite size pieces and shallow fry in a skillet and keep aside.

Heat the butter in a pan and when the butter melts add cumin. When the cumin splutters add the onion and fry until it turns brown. Add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw smell leaves.

Now add the milk and spices mixture, salt to taste and cook for 10 minutes on medium. Add a little more milk if the mixture is too thick. Add the peas and fried paneer and cook for another 5-10 minutes on medium-low.
Remove from heat and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment