Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Green Tomato Bajji

I had some green tomatoes with me and was clueless about what to do with it. When I searched the internet I came across the recipe for fried green tomatoes. When I saw the recipe for it, I thought why not, it almost sounds like the bajji we do at home. Bajji is a popular snack in South India .

It was an experiment for sure, but believe me the end result was too good. The sour taste of green tomato and the crispy outer shell of batter, made a deadly combination for the taste buds and left me and my hubby wanting for more.

Ingredients:

4 tbsp besan(Gram Flour)
2 tbsp Rice flour
3/4 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
3 medium size Green Tomato (Cut Tomatoes into thin slices)


Mix Gram Flour, Rice Flour, Chilli Powder, salt with water and make a batter that will coat the tomato pieces. Make sure the batter is not thin. Dip the green tomato slices in the batter and deep fry. If you are health conscious and would like to use less oil, you can shallow fry it in a non-stick pan like I did.

Enjoy the crispy snack with some tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment