Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Gothumai Dosai - Whole Wheat Crepes

My mom is a diabetic and she always made this at home for herself, but I never attempted to taste this when I was at home. The first time I got to eat this was in my in-laws house. My mother-in-law made this for all of us and believe me, this is the simplest and healthiest food that we can prepare.

As I have said before I try to make chapathi's whenever possible. Last weekend I was unable to prepare the chapathi dough in advance and remembered my mother-in-laws godumai dosa. The best part is this does not need fermentation and batter can be prepared just before making the dosa.

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup Rice Flour (this is optional, will make the dosai crispier)
Salt to taste
Water to make the batter
Method:
Mix all the ingredients with water to make a batter in the consistency of dosa batter (Add water in increments so that you do not make the batter too watery).

Make the dosa's in a non-stick pan and serve hot with chutney of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment